|Job Title: HIM Supervisor
The HIM Supervisor is a non-exempt, full-time onsite position reporting to the Provider Coding and Audit Division of Altegra Health. HIM Supervisor manages, plans, high quality, cost effective medical records department which provides accurate medical records and ensures timely completion and submission of records for reimbursements.
- Develops and implements work flow systems to provide for the accurate and timely completion and submission of medical records to insure proper reimbursement of Medicare revenue.
- Interfaces with physicians and staff to optimize accurate, relevant and timely documentation.
- Develops, controls and administers capital and operating budget. Monitors the use of allocated funds to seek opportunities to decrease costs and improve quality of service.
- Develops and monitors department goals, policies and procedures that are consistent with professional practice standards such as those published by AHIMA, The Joint Commission and federal and state requirements.
- Develops, trains, assigns work, and tracks the productivity and performance of all department employees.
- Responsible for the preparation of accurate, timely, and complete reports and statistics submitted to internal and external sources. Ensures records/reports meet regulatory requirements.
- Assists in designing and implementing a quality assurance program to measure accuracy, consistency and uniformity of medical record services
- Bachelors degree in Business, Records Management or equivalent experience.
- Registered Health Information Administration Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administration (RHIA) required.
- Generally 3 to 5 years prior experience in a Medical Records department. Prior supervisor experience (usually 2 years) in Medical Records management.
- In-depth understanding of all state/federal regulations and CMRI, NCQA and The Joint Commission.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient with a variety of software used by the department.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.